Ecological policy is one of the priorities of “Belorusneft” activities. It is aimed at minimizing technogenic influence on the environment, employees’ safety and health protection.
In order to ensure ecological safety the Environmental Management System according to ISO 14001-2005 was implemented at the Enterprise. Environmental Compliance Certificate covers the following operational procedures: oil-and-gas recovery, gas processing, well construction and overhaul repair, electric-power production, transportational activity.
Implementation of the ecological policy is fundamental. It establishes general trends and principles of environmental activities, provides the basis for the further operations and development of corresponding target and planned environmental measures setting particular requirements on environmental conditions and ecological activities efficiency.
“Belorusneft” is continuously implementing environmental protection measures using both traditional methods and advanced technologies:
– progressive drilling methods such as building of directional and horizontal wells;
– pitless drilling method;
– disposal of drilling wastes in an experimental-industrial underground storage (EIUS);
– a facility for collecting light hydrocarbons fractions is operated in the tank battery of the oil processing facility;
– the program for gas fuel use in automotive transport is being implemented (at the beginning of 2010 the park of the bottled gas driven automobile of the Enterprise amounts to approximately 75% of the overall number of petrol-powered automobiles);
– the program for use of diesel fuel with 5% bio additive in automotive transport and equipment has been implemented.
“Belorusneft” cares for creating favorable ecological image that considerably determines the success of its activities on the global market, where preferences (under otherwise equal conditions) are given to the companies orientated at environmental priorities.